Saturday, September 1, 2012

First time cafe experience

The streets are booming with "ciaos" and "grazies."  People are constantly on the move whether it's through walking, mopeds, or bicycles.  I'm starting to realize how lazy and not efficient we are with some of our tactics.  People here are very intense about food, wine, and resources.  Not wasteful whatsoever.  Absolutely incredible, I love it. 

I ate at a cafe yesterday for lunch. As you can see, it was called "Jolly Cafe." I started using a little bit of my Italian and ordered myself espresso and some bruschetta.  It was more of a pizza parlor, but I didn't want pizza.  I felt bad when I couldn't finish the whole thing!  They give smaller portions than they do in America, however, I just have a small stomach, so I can't eat a ton of food.  Nonetheless, it was delicious.  But with most (if not all) of their entrees and sandwiches, are much smaller portions than what we're used to in the states.  So if you're a big eater, you better get used to eating smaller portions! Also, you don't necessarily need to tip here in Italy, usually outside of the restaurant or on the menu, it will tell you if the final price includes gratuity.  If you're still unsure, it doesn't hurt to leave a few coins around.  But everyone is very nice, and they usually cook at their own speed and serve you when they're ready.  When you eat out, you should be in NO RUSH, otherwise, you're going to make yourself stressed, and look weird to them.  It's not uncommon for people to have 2-3 hour lunches and dinners here in Italia.

Oh, and look who finally decided to show up yesterday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment