Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finished Packing!

As the days come closer, things are coming together.  Funny story though, I have made no real progress with my packing...I've actually just bought more clothing to take over there.  Rumor has it (and I may be wrong) that their style is much more up-scale than Americans.  I've been told that you will usually never seen an Italian leave their house in sweat pants, mesh shorts, or a hoodie.  Usually going out means to look nice.  So I looked into buying nice shoes with sturdy soles and that fit my feet, new socks (very important), and a few pairs of nice pants (slacks).

As for packing, this is what I've been trying to do all day.  Be sure to give yourself a TON of time to pack.  I'm learning that even with one LARGE bag, packing takes a lot of TIME and PATIENCE.  This man in the video knows what he's doing, and he was able to pack all of those clothes inside one little carry-on bag.  I'm having trouble with a check-in bag.  The bag can be no more than 50 lbs (before I get charged for it being overweight).  Most bags now are within the limits of check-ins so there was no need to measure and see if it was within limits quote-unquote.

As you can see it definitely worked!  Who would have thought?  Of course, as usually, we usually always over pack and everything, but I'm going to Italy for the experience, not for the goods.  As bad as this sounds, what can I buy there (clothing wise) that I can't buy here?  I might get a few leather goods and such, but we'll find out when the time comes!






And as always we can never forget some good ol' entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment